Tuesday 3 February 2009
PAINTING HOLIDAYS - LARGER GROUPS
Over the past 9 years, my wife Lynne and I have specialized in providing accommodation, transport, meals, etc, as well acting as guides when required for various groups coming to Gascony on holiday.
Although we specialize in ART HOLIDAYS, we have also had people who are interested in cycling, walking, wine tasting, cooking, etc, and we even had a group of Americans who just wanted to ‘shop!’
Let’s start with ACCOMMODATION FOR LARGER GROUPS.
Larger groups of up to 13 people stay at the nearby Mill, which is a beautifully restored 13th century building consisting of:
* 6 luxury double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms.
* There is a beautiful lounge-dining room with antique furniture and a glassed-in millrace running under it.
* The property is built from the one bank of a small river across and onto an island.
* On the island is a beautiful, large, secluded swimming pool set in a secluded park like setting.
* There is a very large fully equipped kitchen.
The pics above show Lynne arriving with a picnic lunch, a crit on the island at the Mill, and Suzanne with her painting at Barbaste.
Posted by Ray Johnstone at 15:24