Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Tuesday 18 January 2011

RED LETTER DAY


Well, I bet not many of you has ever received a letter from a real, live bishop.
To be honest, not only is it the first letter I've received from a bishop, but it's the first letter I've ever received for a painting.
Monsignor Hubert Herbreteau (that's his name - he's Polish, apparently) sent me the above letter after the Curé of St Jean-Baptiste in Mezin commissioned me to paint the Bishops portrait (I've actually painted both of them - see earlier blogs). According to the letter, he's rather chuffed (unless he's telling porkies - but I don't think bishops do that kind of thing).
The next time the phone rings, it could be the Pope wanting me to do his portrait. When it happens, I hope I'm not to busy to fit it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment