Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Saturday 1 August 2009

SNAKES IN THE BATHROOM


Forget about the the King Brown, the Taipan, the Copperhead or the Death Adder, these days most Australians agree that their most dangerous viper is the One Eyed Trouser Snake. I think it was Phillip Adams who coined the phrase (or it may have been Barry Humphries), however, as some people reading this blog might be of a tender age, I'm not going to elaborate on this subject.
Rather I'm just going to show you one of the ensuite bathrooms in our house.
For some reason I can't explain, when Lynne left me alone for a few days and went off to visit her mother, I painted snakes all over the walls.
She hates them, but most kids love them.
But I must admit that some adults come back from using the toilet (bathroom in America) with puzzled looks on their faces.
What do you think? Not about the bathroom - what's the most dangerous snake in the world?
If you want to see a painting of an Australian snake on canvas, click on the link below:
rayjohnstone.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks very nice...remind Lynne you could have painted the dreaded one eyed trouser snake on the wall instead...that would probably gotten even more puzzled looks.
    --John Brice

    ReplyDelete