Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Tuesday 2 June 2009

PORT ARTHUR TASMANIA



REVISITING OLD SUBJECTS

On a recent holiday in Tassie (2009), I went back to draw again at the exact spot at the old convict settlement of Port Arthur where, in 1989, I’d painted a water colour study for a work I had in mind.
This was eventually worked into the much larger, acrylic painting of my family (above). As you can see I incorporated the colour sketch of Smith O’Brian’s cottage into the composition, along with a nude “painting of a painting” I had done of Lynne when we were living in Johannesburg, and I also added portraits of my three kids.
Please send comments on this or any other art matters to by going to:
ray@johnstonesinfrance.com
Then click on "Contact Us".

No comments:

Post a Comment