Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Sunday 15 February 2009

SET YOURSELF A CHALLENGE


From time to time you need to stretch your creativity, technique and ability.

So, if you like watercolour, try acrylic. If you enjoy drawing in pencil, get yourself a pen. You could experiment with scale - a large drawing is always a challenge. You could also choose a completely different subject - so, if you like painting flowers, do a self portrait. Or if you like painting buildings, paint a landscape. The options are almost endless.

I was looking out my studio window one day and I realised that there were three separate views. On the left I can look across the tiled roofs and medieval buildings towards the Church of St Jean-Baptiste.
If I look straight ahead I see my nieghbour's roof and the village Marie - or town hall.
Looking right, I can see down Rue Docteur Sourbes which leads the eye out to the countryside beyond.

I did lots of drawings of these three views, wrestling with the perspective changes and developing them into one single composition which I did as a large scale triptych. The painting measures 2400 x 88 cms.

No comments:

Post a Comment